Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Hancook Restaurant

Had dinner with family at Hancook Restaurant which located at Sri Hartamas. It's a Korean BBQ restaurant just like Daorae and Bonga. I remember this shop was situated a few shop next to Sri Hartamas Daorae.

I'm a big fan of Korean Food ever since i watched K-Drama and listened to KPOP. Really enjoy Kimchi jjigae (Kimchi Soup), ttobboki (Rice Cake) and jeon (Pancake)! I'm always hunting for yummy Korean restaurants and my favorite till now will be SS15 Kimchiharu ! Will review about it when I got chance :D

Once step in into Hancook, you will be greeted by their Korean lady boss who speak English fluently and the smell of barbecue meats! You can choose to be seated upstairs or downstairs. I choose upstairs as I think it will be more spacious. Don't expect fancy decos here. Just clean white walls with a few Korean decorations hang on it but you still feel the coziness. It's really Korean-ish for me.

Skip the talking, LET THE PICTURES DO IT ALL.. Please forgive me, I really can't remember all the names of the food cause it's all in Korean D:

Love Korean steel utensils :D Did you realize their spoons are all extra long?? 
The amount of complimentary ban-chan (side dishes) they gave! Plus, all refillable! Best part of Korean Foods!
Lettuce, sauces, peppers and garlics for your barbecue meats!
Sweet and spicy chicken with cheese! Love this! Not too spicy.
Bean paste soup with tofu, cucumber and radish. 
My fav dish! I think it's malt sugar coated fried chicken! It's really good but when you had too much, you will start to feel its too heavy. 

Sweet rice water. This was also complimentary. Something like dessert for the guests. It's a bit too sweet for me so I added more water myself. But it's nice (Y) 
I didn't took pictures of our barbecue porks because our table was so full, they had to barbecue it for us at another table. Normally at Korean BBQ restaurants, they will do it in front of you. It's nice to listen to the sizzling sounds of your meats and wait patiently for it to cook! And I think they overcooked our meat :( It's not juicy and tender anymore. Other than that, their foods were actually not bad. Worth to try! Something new than the normal Korean food I always eat! Overall i give them a 3.5 stars over 5 :)

P/S : It's a non-halal restaurant so I'm sorry to all my Muslim friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment